I’m quite impressed with Pulsed Media small seedbox, upload was 3MBps and downloads varied a lot, but I believe I saw max download of 10MBps. Setup took just under 24 hours. And prices are reasonable. The best feature of all is their webgui, they have the standard rutorrent torrent client, but also provide you with a web portal which includes a file manager, irc chatroom, wiki and a few other cool pages. Prices were slightly higher than I’d liked because of tax and currency conversion to Euros I think.
- Total of 1.1TB transferred in 30 days (n.b. 13 days were lower than normal due to public tracker)
- Firstly Pulsed Media boxes are stable. They allocate RAM for you and deliver that, you can see the RAM used.
- Support respond reasonably fast, irc chatroom is nice as it allows you to chat to staff and other users.
- For a budget seedbox speeds are OK, I’ve had faster speeds with other seedboxes spending roughly the same amount.
- CPU + RAM allocation on start plan is plenty. I had 100+ torrents running and used around 25% of RAM
- Speed quite limited, ususally max upload I achieved was 3MB /s, even with completely fresh torrents. Sometimes it bursts to more, then comes back down to 3MB /s. This suggests some throttling going on.
Prices are in Euros, so make sure you convert Euros into USD (If you’re American). Non EU residents should not be charged VAT, it’s only chargable to EU residents. paypal give you poor currency conversions compared to a credit card (usually). They charge substantially less monthly fees if you sign up to an annual plan, if you subscribe on a one month contract it’s more expensive.
The free seedbox is just a marketing gimmick, don’t know anyone who got a free one, been signed up to receive a free seedbox for 3 months, and still no word.
Pulsed media is a good stable performer. It's not the fastest seedbox, but they've been around for a long time and offer a variety of different cloud services.
- Good middle of the road seedbox, been around for a long time
- Good speeds and fair pricing
- Bandwidth throtteling